4-6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6-8 ounces softened cream cheese (I used Chives and Onion cream cheese for a little extra flavor)
1 tablespoon of minced onion
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
4 Pieces of cooked and chopped Bacon
Coating the Chicken Rolls
1/4 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, onion, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and lemon juice until blended. Stir in cooked and chopped bacon.
3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on each piece of chicken and spread it out into a thin layer.
4. Roll chicken. I only had one roll fall apart a little bit on me. To avoid this, you can use toothpicks to keep the roll together. (I realized as making this that we don’t own any toothpicks.)
5. Coat rolls with flour, then lightly dip in egg mixture, followed me rolling them in corn flake crumbs. ** (notes below)
6. Drizzle some olive oil in a large skillet and heat. Briefly cook rolls over high heat, browning all sides.
7. Place chicken rolls in a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.
-You don’t want to soak the roll in the egg, but you need it coated enough to hold the corn flakes.
-Make sure to really crush the corn flakes. It is more likely for smaller pieces to stick to the roll better.